5 small towels and 6 lightweight tops. Or 2 pairs of jeans, a jumper and 10 pairs of socks or underwear. Or 2 bedsheets and 2 pillowcases.
Washing Machine Glossary
- Spin speed refers to the RPM (Revolutions Per Minute) at which the drum spins during the spin cycle. Higher spin speeds extract more water from clothes, reducing drying time.
- Benefits: Faster spin speeds save energy and time by reducing the moisture content in the laundry.
- Did you Know? - Most Washing Machines are 1400rpm and 1600rpm machines are being phased out.
- Load capacity indicates how much laundry the washing machine can handle in a single cycle. It's typically measured in kilograms or pounds.
- Benefits: Choosing the right load capacity ensures that you can wash larger loads when needed, reducing the number of cycles required and saving water and energy.
How much can I wash?
5 small towels and 10 lightweight tops. Or 4 pairs of jeans, a jumper and 20 pairs of socks or underwear. Or 2 bedsheets and 4 pillowcases.
6 small towels and 12 lightweight tops. Or 5 pairs of jeans, a jumper and 22 pairs of socks or underwear. Or even 2 bedsheets, a duvet cover and 2 pillowcases.
8 small towels and 15 lightweight tops. Or 5 pairs of jeans, 2 jumpers and 30 pairs of socks or underwear. Or 3 bedsheets, a duvet cover and 4 pillowcases.
- Washing machines allow you to adjust the water temperature for different wash cycles. Common options include hot, warm, and cold water settings.
- Benefits: Temperature control helps remove stains, sanitize laundry, and protect sensitive fabrics from heat damage.
Time Delay Start
- This feature allows you to set a delay in starting the washing machine. You can load the machine and program it to start washing at a later time.
- Benefits: Time delay start lets you take advantage of off-peak energy hours, ensuring that your laundry is ready when you need it.
- Some washing machines have a steam cleaning feature that uses hot steam to sanitize and refresh clothing.
- Benefits: Steam cleaning helps remove allergens, wrinkles, and odours from fabrics.
- Quick wash cycles are designed for lightly soiled items and provide a shorter wash time.
- Benefits: Quick wash cycles save time when you need to clean a small load of laundry quickly.
- Did you know! Some machines can do a full load in just 28 minutes and a half load in 14 minutes
- Many modern washing machines offer smart features that allow you to control and monitor the machine using a smartphone app.
- Benefits: Smart features provide convenience and allow for remote control and troubleshooting.
- Don't worry if you are not tech savvy as these features can be ignored and won't impact the running of your machine.
- Automatic detergent dispensers release the right amount of detergent at the appropriate time in the wash cycle.
- Benefits: Ensures proper detergent distribution, reduces waste, and optimizes cleaning results.
- These tend to be included on higher end models but the savings made in terms of detergent used, water usage and electricity means it can pay for itself within a year.
- Load sensors detect the weight of the laundry and adjust water levels and cycle duration accordingly.
- Benefits: Load sensors save water and energy by avoiding overloading or underloading the machine.
Please let us know your your postcode so we can offer the best options for your area.